In 2013, Hanergy decided to create and implement a cloud based monitoring system as a value-added service for its residential customers across Europe and beyond. They wanted a sophisticated data and analytics support solution to give the customer a clear picture of their net savings on investment.
In Hitachi ICT, Hanergy found their ideal technology partner who not only fully understood their complex requirements but worked hand-in-hand as a team with them to provide holistic software expertise that went beyond the traditional definition of technical support.
The challenge for Hanergy was to find a technology partner that:
- Not only specialised in software but also had a thorough understanding of the solar energy business
- Understood the highly specialised data and analytics requirements for the monitoring system
- Had the necessary technical expertise to create a customised and sophisticated Power Monitoring and analytics solution for photovoltaic (PV) systems
The innovative cloud-based Power Monitoring and analytics solution delivered by Hitachi ICT boosted the confidence of Hanergy's customers, and took their experience to an all-new level:
- Centralised location: Gathers data from thousands of PV systems installed by Hanergy across the world and brings it together at one unified location.
- Versatile integration: Performs analytics in real time for progressive power generation and consumption monitoring, automated billing, asset management, fault detection, auto- alerts, reporting and analysis.
- Convenient accessibility: Users can easily log on to the portal anytime, anywhere, through any device of their choice, such as mobile phone, PC and tablet.
- User friendly interface: Simple and easy to understand user interface (UI) that allows customisation to match the individual preferences of the users.
- Intelligent system: The system has the unique capability to differentiate between an actual technical issue and routine downtime when power is not being generated, such as during night hours or overcast weather.